Bachelor of Arts in Health Care Administration
Questions? Request Information
By pursuing your bachelor’s degree in health care administration, you can earn an education in a field that is dedicated to helping improve the lives of current and potential patients. When you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Health Care Administration degree from The University of Arizona Global Campus, you prepare yourself to pursue a variety of healthcare administration positions. If you are passionate about helping others with your administrative skills but do not necessarily want to become a physician, then consider pursuing a degree in healthcare administration. Learn the academic and professional skills needed to build a solid foundation for career mobility among healthcare professionals.
What is a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration?
What makes a traditional BA in health care administration different from its online equivalent? Besides the fact that an online degree program offers more flexibility and convenience, not much. The curriculum between the two programs addresses similar themes, as both normally contain general education, major, and elective course requirements. For those who don’t have the time to commute or prefer to be remote, an online degree brings you the convenience and flexibility to continue your current responsibilities while advancing your education. Those looking to pursue their bachelor’s degree in health care administration should consider the options and benefits provided to them through an online degree program.
What you will learn
Your bachelor’s in healthcare administration features an interdisciplinary and integrated learning approach, and explores health administration, regulation and financing, healthcare planning and health policy. You will also delve into the social, political, ethical, legal, and economic factors contributing to the complexity of the US healthcare system. Upon completion of your healthcare administration degree, you will be able to:
- Analyze the legal and ethical issues of healthcare systems
- Explore cultural and social-demographic variables influencing the delivery of healthcare services
- Examine the provision of healthcare services within a regulatory environment
- Analyze the major financing systems of the U.S. healthcare services
- Analyze the major forces driving change in the healthcare system
- Assess the major issues confronting community and public health services
- Apply the theoretical dimensions of leadership within the health care environment
Your Courses in Health Care Administration
Explore many facets of the rapidly expanding healthcare industry in your bachelor’s in healthcare administration. Your curriculum will encompass subjects like managing healthcare workers, community and public health, and health issues' social implications. Your coursework can also focus on the healthcare industry as it relates to business if you decide to add a specialization to your online healthcare administration degree. Additionally, you can explore the master's degree in health care administration to provide further focus to your studies.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Health Care Administration
An emphasis provides you with additional opportunities to broaden and enrich your education that is distinct from and enhances your major. It may be taken as a way to expand career options, to prepare for graduate study, or simply to explore in greater depth an area different from your major. An emphasis consists of 9-12 credits.
Careers in Health Care Administration
Your study of the topics listed above can prepare you for a gratifying career in healthcare administration. You will find a wealth of opportunities within the healthcare industry. Take a look at your potential career options below.
Skills Needed for Healthcare Administration
Since the field of healthcare administration is one that requires skilled leaders and managers, it is no surprise that someone looking to explore this career path should possess the skills needed to lead others. While there will be many skills you will learn on the job and while you earn your bachelor's degree, it is important to take into consideration the following soft and technical skills needed for leadership positions in healthcare administration.
Important Soft Skills:
- Communication Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Problem-solving Skills
Important Technical Skills:
- Data Retrieval & Analysis Skills
- Financial Planning Skills
Healthcare Administration Faculty & Support
Global Campus' qualified and distinguished healthcare administration faculty members are here to support you on your journey to earning your online bachelor’s in healthcare administration. Many of the faculty members in Global Campus' healthcare administration program work or have worked in a range of healthcare systems and government agencies. Some professors still consult in healthcare organizations while they teach. You and your degree are given added value by having faculty and professors who have the necessary real word experience in healthcare administration.
Save 10%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Welcome Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your undergraduate tuition with the Welcome Grant. UAGC believes you deserve access to a quality education without cost getting in the way. As a new undergraduate student, you may be eligible to save on your tuition. Contact us today to find out if you qualify for this cost-saving opportunity
* Must be a new student enrolling in an undergraduate degree level program. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate in their degree program, and students who previously graduated with an associate degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in bachelor’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Bridge Grant, the Alumni Grant, and the Referral Offer, as applicable.