Master of Arts in Education
Questions? Request Information
Online Master's Degree in Education
Expand your impact as an educator by demonstrating your commitment to educating others with an online master's degree in education from the University of Arizona Global Campus. Make an impact on our nation's schools with the expertise that derives from an advanced master’s degree in education.
What you will learn
The Master of Arts in Education degree at the University of Arizona Global Campus is designed to present a foundational perspective and increased specialization for educational leaders. You will study in depth those areas that most influence educational institutions, including instructional methods, curriculum design, assessment strategies, advanced pedagogical theory, and principles of leadership. Upon completion of your online master’s in education, you will be able to:
- Design appropriate, challenging and diverse learning experiences informed by contemporary, research-based theory and practice;
- Design a variety of strategies and experiences to elicit evidence of learner growth and responsive instructional decisions;
- Analyze research that generates positive social change along with evidence-based practices and academic writing;
- Demonstrate innovative actions serving as advocates and change agents within communities by engaging in continuous professional growth
- Construct effective methods of collaboration, communication, and partnership with colleagues, community, and stakeholders; and
- Apply confidence, competence, and purpose around digital citizenship, consuming, creating, and communicating information and ideas using technology.
Your Courses in Education
Your 8 core education courses, worth 24 credits, define the foundation of knowledge and skills for you to provide instruction to diverse populations. Your specialization options are composed of courses that you can select for yourself, based on your personal interests and expertise. Your courses are taught by M.A. in education faculty members who represent a rich cross-section of education professionals who are leaders in the field. All have advanced degrees and many have relevant professional experience in educating others. These faculty members will enrich your learning environment with knowledge that can be related to your professional education career.
Major Course Requirements (24 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Specializations in Education
Delve into other areas of education when you add a specialization to your Master of Arts in Education program. Customize your M.A. in education even further by choosing one of the following specializations to add to your online degree (12 credits):
Curriculum & Instruction
Early Childhood Education
Careers in Education
When you graduate with your Master of Arts in Education, you will be prepared for a career in which a broad background and knowledge are required. Take a look at your potential education career options below.
Beginning or Continuing a Career in Education
Whether you have current education experience or are new to the field, pursuing a career in education can be a great opportunity for those who are passionate about educating and teaching others. This online master's degree in education will prepare you to become a leader in the education field while maintaining your current roles and responsibilities. Classes are 100% online and give you the flexibility to complete your coursework around your busy schedule. If you are interested in learning to meaningfully apply education theories and practices to improve the lives of others, then consider pursuing a degree focused in education.
Save 10%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Pathway Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your master’s tuition with the Pathway Grant. Don’t let cost get in the way of taking the next step in your education. With the Pathway Grant, you can save money on your tuition as a new master’s student in a psychology or education program. Apply to your master’s degree today to experience the flexibility of a graduate program designed for busy adults at a reduced cost.
* Must be a new student enrolling in one of the following master’s degree programs: Master of Arts in Education, Master of Arts in Special Education, Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership, Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology, or Master of Arts in Psychology. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate in their degree program and, students who previously graduated with a bachelor’s degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in a master’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, students cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Alumni Grant and the Referral Offer, as applicable.