Master of Arts in Special Education
Questions? Request Information
Masters in Special Education
Learn to make education more accessible to all students with your Master of Arts in Special Education degree earned online from the University of Arizona Global Campus. In this program, you will be provided with meaningful learning experiences based on the ways that exceptional students develop. Learn to design and implement curricula for exceptional students. Collaborate with families, fellow educators, and communities to address the needs of exceptional students. Create an environment that cultivates learning for all.
What you will learn
The Master of Arts in Special Education program links theory to application through intense coursework and application. You develop learning and behavioral interventions, methods to differentiate instruction in the classroom, and ways to provide special education students with the tools to reach their full potential. Upon completion of the Master of Arts in Special Education degree program, you will be able to:
- Design appropriate learning experiences for students with exceptionalities that are informed by diverse cultural experiences and varied patterns of learning and development
- Create a safe, inclusive, culturally responsive environment that cultivates active and effective learning for students with exceptionalities
- Plan cross-disciplinary learning experiences that promote individualized academic and social abilities, attitudes, values, interests, and career options for students with exceptionalities
- Synthesize results from multiple evidence-based assessments to guide educational decisions for individuals with exceptionalities
- Incorporate cross-disciplinary skills using evidenced-based instructional strategies for students with exceptionalities
- Evaluate how ethical principles and practice standards influence special education laws, regulations and individual professional accountability
- Construct an action research proposal that addresses local or global issues related to individuals with exceptionalities
- Integrate positive collaborative practices with various stakeholders to address the needs of students with exceptionalities across a range of learning experiences
Your Courses in Special Education
Earn your Master of Arts in Special Education from the University of Arizona Global Campus. Your online courses cover research, assessment, collaboration, and behavior management.
Major Course Requirements (30 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Special Education
When you graduate with your Master of Arts in Special Education, you will be prepared for a career in which a broad background and specialized knowledge are required. Take a look at your potential career options.