Bachelor of Arts in Education Studies
Questions? Request Information
An online Education Studies degree from the University of Arizona Global Campus can prepare you for a wide variety of career paths depending upon your interests. A bachelor’s in education can be a gateway to beginning a career for those interested in working with individuals in any of the following settings:
- Recreation Centers
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Health & Human Services
- Career Services
What you will learn
Play a vital role in an individual’s life by Improving their educational experience. Help shape the education of children, adolescents, and adults in a wide range of settings, as education can exist in a variety of different contexts. The Bachelor of Arts in Education Studies degree can build a strong foundation for you and develop your instructional skills – including communication, group behavior, and human development. Your bachelor’s in education courses cover topics from phonics and English language learning to educational curriculum creation and child development. You will learn to adapt instructions to meet the unique needs of diverse learners. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Education Studies degree program, you will be able to:
- Design effective curriculum, instruction and assessment to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Demonstrate knowledge of child and adolescent development in the cognitive, social, physical, and emotional domains
- Identify the unique needs of special learners and adapt curriculum and instruction to meet these needs
- Apply alignment practices of standards, instruction and assessment to identified academic, district and state standards, goals and priorities as part of the planning and material selection process
- Apply foundational research skills to a topic of interest in an area of education
Your Courses in Education Studies
Achieve your Bachelor of Arts in Education Studies from the University of Arizona Global Campus, and take the first step toward becoming an educator. Your bachelor’s in education courses cover topics such as phonics and English language learners, to curriculum and child development. You can also add a specialization to your degree to provide further focus to your studies.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Education Studies
An emphasis provides you with additional opportunities to broaden and enrich your education that is distinct from and enhances your major. It may be taken as a way to expand career options, to prepare for graduate study, or simply to explore in greater depth an area different from your major. An emphasis consists of 9-12 credits.
Careers in Education Studies
Prepare yourself for a rewarding future in education studies. Many professional teaching and educational careers, such as Teaching Assistants and Teaching Aides, begin with a BA in education. Teaching Assistants and Teaching Aides can assist in instructional responsibilities and tasks typically performed by a teacher at a local school. Teaching aides and assistants play a major role in the development of learning, as they typically perform in a lot of hands-on interactions with students.
Take a look at other potential education studies career options below that are possible with your BA in education.
Faculty & Support Education Studies
Many of the faculty members that you will engage while earning your degree in education draw on years of professional experience in the field of education. The professional experience that many of our faculty possess can help bridge the gap between theory and practice for you as an education studies student. Our faculty members are here to provide you with the necessary support and knowledge needed in order for you to have a better understanding of the education material, as well as feel more confident as a student at the University of Arizona Global Campus.
Why Choose Education Studies
Explore a wide variety of job possibilities while pursuing your passion for educating others. An online BA in education studies can teach you the necessary skills in order to educate others in a multitude of career fields. If you aren’t quite sure what sector you are interested in working in just yet, that’s ok, because a bachelor’s in education can offer you the educational skills that can be relevant in a wide variety of fields. Education studies students are presented with many options, as there are different specialties that can fit your specific interests.
Save 10%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Welcome Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your undergraduate tuition with the Welcome Grant. UAGC believes you deserve access to a quality education without cost getting in the way. As a new undergraduate student, you may be eligible to save on your tuition. Contact us today to find out if you qualify for this cost-saving opportunity
* Must be a new student enrolling in an undergraduate degree level program. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate in their degree program, and students who previously graduated with an associate degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in bachelor’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Bridge Grant, the Alumni Grant, and the Referral Offer, as applicable.