Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education
Questions? Request Information
Launch your career when you earn your Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education (ECE) degree from the University of Arizona Global Campus. Prepare young kids for their long-term academic success by taking the first steps toward qualifying for potential opportunities in daycare and preschools. As an early childhood education professional, you will be involved in helping the development of a child’s emotional, social, and educational needs.
What is an AA Degree in Early Childhood Education?
An Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education degree can prepare you to work in the field of childcare and help maintain a professional edge over the competition. ECE associate-level degrees develop you with the basics of child learning and development and the instructional strategies needed to help young children grow. This AA degree is 67 credits and can help prepare you to transfer to a bachelor-level program to further your ECE education.
What you will learn
Earning an associate degree is your first step in building a foundation for success in the world of childcare. You will focus on important topics in early childhood, such as: development, learning assessment, special learners, and instructional strategy. Upon completion of your associate degree online, you will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of child development, theoretical perspectives, and developmentally appropriate approaches to support the diverse learning needs of every child.
- Determine how assessment data is used to inform curriculum and instructional practices.
- Analyze the components of effective classroom management and high-quality learning environments that are healthy, safe, respectful, supportive, and culturally responsive.
- Describe strategies to promote effective family and community partnerships.
- Identify the professional standards and ethical behaviors necessary to maintain a commitment to professionalism and growth as an early childhood educator.
Your Courses in Early Childhood Education
Take the first step toward breaking into the world of childcare when you embark on your associate degree. Within this 67-credit program, you'll complete general education requirements that you may then transfer toward a Bachelor's degree of your choice, where you can continue your studies with a bachelor’s in early childhood education, or any additional Bachelor’s degree program with the University of Arizona Global Campus.
Careers in Early Childhood Education
The field of ECE continues to grow, as it offers a variety of potential job opportunities. With this online associate degree, you will be starting down a career path that will allow you to assist in the education and care of kids typically under the age of eight. The skills you gain from this degree program can help with high-level educational practices that may include:
- Working with a single youth, versus groups of children
- Helping plan and carry out different educational curriculums
- Helping keep record of student progress, from an academic to an emotional level
- Helping organize activities to help the youth learn and grow
Take a look at more specific potential early childhood career options below.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.
Why Choose an Associate Degree in ECE
Take part in the growth of a child’s fundamental learning experiences. According to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), a child at age 8 and below goes through their most rapid phase of growth and development. Earning your online associate degree in this field can help you to take part in this growth and development, by giving you a deeper understanding of the needs of developing kids. These skills can help in the facilitation and growth of their self-esteem, world perception, moral outlook, as well as the development of their cognitive skills, as many of these are all established between this age period.
Save 10%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Welcome Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your undergraduate tuition with the Welcome Grant. UAGC believes you deserve access to a quality education without cost getting in the way. As a new undergraduate student, you may be eligible to save on your tuition. Contact us today to find out if you qualify for this cost-saving opportunity
* Must be a new student enrolling in an undergraduate degree level program. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate in their degree program, and students who previously graduated with an associate degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in bachelor’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Bridge Grant, the Alumni Grant, and the Referral Offer, as applicable.