Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education
Questions? Request Information
Did you know that you can earn your bachelor's degree in early childhood education online? Launch your career as a proponent of education and child development with your bachelor's degree from the University of Arizona Global Campus. In this online ECE degree program, you will discover all the wonders of early childhood education as you learn ways to support children during a pivotal time of academic and personal growth. Apply your knowledge and skills to your career while promoting the social, cognitive, and emotional development of children with a bachelor's degree in early childhood education. Learn more today to begin your journey to becoming an early childhood educator.
What can you do with a Bachelor’s In ECE?
Earning a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education sets you down a road with many different paths to choose from. If you have a passion to join the workforce right after graduation you can expect to work closely with people of all ages and backgrounds. Common job titles for students that graduate with a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education including daycare provider, camp counselor, and teacher assistant. Another popular option is to continue your education and earn a master’s degree in early childhood education.
What you will learn
Your early childhood education (ECE) degree allows you to complete coursework in childhood development, curricula, and program development. When you complete the required undergraduate coursework, you will be well acquainted with the education industry, be highly trained in various theories of childhood development, and exhibit advanced instructional skills. Upon completion of your online degree, you will be able to:
- Summarize principles of child development including cognitive, physical, linguistic, social-emotional and affective domains that define healthy, respectful, supportive, and developmentally stimulating environments for children
- Design developmentally appropriate teaching strategies to implement professional learning standards and curriculum, focused on meeting the academic and developmental needs of children
- Justify the goals, benefits, and responsible use of observation, documentation, and assessment strategies in working with families, colleagues, and communities to determine appropriate learning methods for children
- Analyze effective strategies that focus on collaboration and communication with families, communities, and colleagues to foster positive and supportive relationships that impact learning and development of children
- Analyze the principles of equity, pedagogy, and inclusivity to meet the needs of typically and atypically developing
- Promote ethical standards through reflective practice and collaboration, critical application of current research and theories, and identification as an early childhood professional and leader while continually advocating on behalf of children and families
Your Courses in Early Childhood Education
Strengthen your skills while enhancing your understanding of the many aspects of children's development and learning. Your BA in ECE courses cover several relevant topics, from children's development and language acquisition to the impact of parents and communities on childhood education. You can also add a specialization to your early childhood education degree to provide further focus to your studies.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (42 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Early Childhood Education
An emphasis provides you with additional opportunities to broaden and enrich your education that is distinct from and enhances your major. It may be taken as a way to expand career options, to prepare for graduate study, or simply to explore in greater depth an area different from your online bachelor's degree. An emphasis consists of three (3), three (3) credit courses. Choose from the following emphases:
Environmental Management & Sustainability
Web & Mobile App Technology
Careers in Early Childhood Education
Similar to other online education degrees, when you complete your Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education, you will have what you need to begin a rewarding career in which a breadth of knowledge is a must. Take a look at the potential ECE career options that can be available to bachelor degree holders.
Early Childhood Education Discover the Fast-Growing Field
This early childhood education bachelor's degree will provide you with many of the foundational concepts used in the ECE field, and can help take your skills to the next level of your career. Being an early childhood educator can be a rewarding field for many different reasons. As the population increases, so does the need for educating the youth. This is a constantly growing area that is always in demand, and being able to support the growth of children can leave an everlasting impact on our society. If you are inspired by educating others and being a role model to children, then start your journey with a bachelor's degree focused on early childhood education.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.