Master of Arts in Psychology
Questions? Request Information
Online Master's in Psychology
Explore the mind by gaining additional research knowledge from your master's degree in psychology. By completing your master’s in psychology from the University of Arizona Global Campus, you will learn how to integrate psychological research into real-world applications. Understanding what moves people into action and then effectively employing that information to your staff, your clients, and your colleagues will set you apart from the competition. This psychology program demonstrates your expertise at applying psychology to your work life and can help support you in taking your psychology education to the next level.
At UAGC, you are not required to take the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) in order to be admitted into the master’s in psychology program. Unlike most traditional campus-based programs, this online master’s in psychology can be started even if you have not taken the GRE exam which means more flexibility for you and less money to spend on test preparation materials.
What you will learn
The online master’s program guides you through an in-depth exploration of the discipline. At the core of the master’s degree in psychology online is the generalist model, a conceptual framework that emphasizes an understanding of the processes that underlie human experience and behavior, as well as core knowledge, theories, and research methods in the field of psychology. Upon completion of the psychology degree, you will be able to:
- Apply ethical principles and standards of psychology to academic and professional activities
- Explain psychological concepts effectively using the professional standards of the discipline
- Analyze the major concepts, theories, methodologies, and historical trends in psychology
- Evaluate the scientific merit of the professional literature in psychology
- Integrate psychological theory and research
Your Courses in Psychology
When pursuing your online master’s in psychology, you will take courses in developmental, social, and counseling psychology. Learn how to use psychological theories in any professional endeavor. You will also evaluate the scientific merit of psychological research and literature in your online courses, which will give you a solid foundation of psychological knowledge when going into your field of practice.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Psychology
When you graduate with your Master of Arts in Psychology, you will be prepared for a career in which a broad background and specialized knowledge in psychology are required. Employers will find your master’s in psychology valuable, as the skills that you will develop throughout this program will be ones that every successful business will require. Some of these skills include:
- Cultural competence
- Responsible leadership
- Emotional intelligence
Take a look at your potential career options below.
Benefits of Master’s in Psychology
This online master’s in psychology will offer you opportunities for personal growth and help facilitate the use of psychological principles and practices. These principles and practices include responsible leadership, lifelong learning, and cultural competence in a wide variety of career settings. Pursuing your psychology degree can also open you up to many different areas of study that have different research methods specific to them. These areas can include:
- Educational psychology
- Community psychology
- Sports psychology
- Organizational psychology
- School psychology
- Health psychology
Faculty & Support Psychology Department
The University of Arizona Global Campus has a fantastic group of faculty in the Psychology Department, as they bring diverse experiences, knowledge, and skills directly to you. Many of the psychology faculty work in a wide variety of professional careers. These careers include medicine, healthcare, clinical settings, industrial-organizational psychology settings, forensics, nonprofit, and education . This diverse arrangement of careers from our faculty shows just how many opportunities are available to you when pursuing a master’s in psychology.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.
Save 10%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Pathway Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your master’s tuition with the Pathway Grant. Don’t let cost get in the way of taking the next step in your education. With the Pathway Grant, you can save money on your tuition as a new master’s student in a psychology or education program. Apply to your master’s degree today to experience the flexibility of a graduate program designed for busy adults at a reduced cost.
* Must be a new student enrolling in one of the following master’s degree programs: Master of Arts in Education, Master of Arts in Special Education, Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership, Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology, or Master of Arts in Psychology. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate in their degree program and, students who previously graduated with a bachelor’s degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in a master’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, students cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Alumni Grant and the Referral Offer, as applicable.