Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership
Questions? Request Information
The University of Arizona Global Campus' master’s degree in early childhood education is 100% online and is designed to benefit working educators who need flexible and accelerated classes. Your advanced early childhood education coursework can help you take the next steps in your career as an educator, and can help with opportunities in and out of the classroom.
By pursuing a master’s in early childhood education, you will get the chance to continue growing and supporting young children as they go through their most transformative phases. This online degree program will prepare you for leadership roles in early learning, as you evaluate and refine strategies and curricula used in early childhood settings. This degree can help you achieve the skills and knowledge needed in order to make a positive impact on the lives of children, as you can help shape the emotional, social and cognitive development of children up to the age of eight.
What is a Master’s in Early Childhood Education?
An online master’s in early childhood education will prepare you for leadership roles in early learning as you evaluate and refine strategies and curricula used in early childhood settings. This advanced early childhood education degree can help you achieve the skills and knowledge needed to make a positive impact on the lives of children. This degree can help shape the emotional, social and cognitive development of children up to the age of eight. Learn more information about early childhood education.
What you will learn
This online master’s in early childhood education program prepares professionals in early childhood education to address the developmental needs of young children in a variety of settings using ethical practice, innovative technology, and research-based advocacy. When you successfully complete your master’s in early childhood education, you will be able to:
- Evaluate evidence-based theories and strategies aligned with early development and learning needs to support high quality learning environments
- Assess effective communication and collaboration strategies to positively influence partnerships with community agencies and families with young children
- Evaluate early childhood curricula designed to promote development and learning across all domains of development
- Evaluate effective assessment and evaluation strategies, tools, and procedures designed to improve outcomes for young children, families, and programs
- Design discipline-specific action research based on relevant theory and research methodology
- Propose ethical solutions that promote educational transformation in the field of early childhood education
- Construct a personal definition of leadership as an early childhood education professional
Your Courses in Early Childhood Education Leadership
This master’s in early childhood education online will give you a greater understanding of child development and the multiple influences on learning. Your advanced courses will increase your knowledge of the foundations, functions, and current challenges in the field of early childhood education.
Major Course Requirements (30 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Early Childhood Education Leadership
Pursuing your master’s degree in early childhood education can prepare you for larger opportunities within this growing field and can help you take the next step in your career. Explore the examples below of some early childhood education careers that can lead you to a gratifying position all while having a significant impact on the lives of young children.
Save 10%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Pathway Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your master’s tuition with the Pathway Grant. Don’t let cost get in the way of taking the next step in your education. With the Pathway Grant, you can save money on your tuition as a new master’s student in a psychology or education program. Apply to your master’s degree today to experience the flexibility of a graduate program designed for busy adults at a reduced cost.
* Must be a new student enrolling in one of the following master’s degree programs: Master of Arts in Education, Master of Arts in Special Education, Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership, Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology, or Master of Arts in Psychology. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate in their degree program and, students who previously graduated with a bachelor’s degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in a master’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, students cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Alumni Grant and the Referral Offer, as applicable.