Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Questions? Request Information
Explore the depths of human behavior with an online psychology degree. With your online bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Arizona Global Campus, you will better understand human beings, their motivations, emotions, and thought processes. Use the knowledge you gain from a bachelor’s degree in psychology to help businesses and organizations make lasting and meaningful impact in their practices and endeavors.
What is a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology Degree?
A bachelor’s degree in psychology introduces you to the scientific study of human behavior and the mind. An undergraduate psychology degree introduces you to a vast set of subject matters from human behavior and research to data analysis and communication. A bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Arizona Global Campus will lay the foundation for many psychology-related careers or allow you to take the step to a graduate-level degree.
What you will learn
Your online bachelor’s degree in psychology is an undergraduate-level degree that typically takes four years to complete and focuses on the study of human behavior and mental processes. With this undergraduate psychology program, you will obtain a solid background in psychology and receive a better understanding of how human behavior impacts the dynamics of a business or organization.
As you begin to work toward your bachelor’s degree in psychology, you will start gaining the knowledge of major psychological ideas and practices. This knowledge allows you to provide the value and contribution that modern-day organizations are seeking in their employees.
A bachelor’s degree in psychology can be seen as a very practical degree, as the interpersonal and communication skills you learn can benefit you in a wide variety of organizations and industries. Upon completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate breadth of psychological knowledge
- Analyze information and data with scientific thinking
- Defend ethics, social justice, and diversity
- Illustrate professional communication skills
- Apply professional skills to career planning and success
Your Courses in Psychology
The online bachelor’s degree in psychology curriculum will encompass subjects like physiology, human development, group dynamics, research and statistics, as well as current psychological therapies and theories. Your online psychology degree will also build on solid liberal arts foundations that can provide you with a well-rounded background in the skills needed to communicate your ideas and psychological research findings.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom setting, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (39 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Psychology
An emphasis provides you with additional opportunities to broaden and enrich your education that is distinct from and enhances your major. It may be taken as a way to expand career options, to prepare for graduate study, or simply to explore in greater depth an area different from your major. An emphasis consists of 9-12 credits.
Careers in Psychology
Build your career while continuing your passion for the study of human behavior and mental processes. Whether you want to explore the skills and knowledge acquired from continuing your education or are eager to get started in your career, an online psychology degree can provide you with many options after graduation. Many undergraduate students choose to use their Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree as a foundation to support their graduate studies in psychology or pursue careers in any number of fields. Some of these careers can include public administration, social services, and business-related operations. Take a look at your potential career options that can be possible with an online bachelor’s degree in psychology from UAGC.
Why Major in Psychology? 5 Benefits
Majoring in psychology can open the door to a variety of careers and provide you with a foundation for further graduate study. Additionally, working in the field of psychology can be fun, rewarding, and challenging. A few additional benefits to majoring in psychology include:
- Learn how to predict and understand the behavior of people
- Learn more about yourself and others
- Learn how to gather and interpret data
- Manage and navigate high-stress situations/environments
- Study courses within psychology that you are passionate about
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.
Save 10%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Welcome Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your undergraduate tuition with the Welcome Grant. UAGC believes you deserve access to a quality education without cost getting in the way. As a new undergraduate student, you may be eligible to save on your tuition. Contact us today to find out if you qualify for this cost-saving opportunity
* Must be a new student enrolling in an undergraduate degree level program. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate in their degree program, and students who previously graduated with an associate degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in bachelor’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Bridge Grant, the Alumni Grant, and the Referral Offer, as applicable.