Bachelor of Arts in Marketing
Questions? Request Information
Marketing bridges the gap between businesses and potential customers as it is centered around creativity, problem-solving, and educating potential customers about your product and service. It is a complex discipline that combines elements of advertising, communication, research, and finance. The online marketing degree from the Forbes School of Business and Technology® at the University of Arizona Global Campus was created to develop the skills and knowledge you will need to succeed in the marketing field. Help companies build and maintain relationships with their clients and customers by pursuing your bachelor’s degree in marketing. Scholarships are also available.
What is a Marketing Degree?
Designed to build a strong foundation in marketing, a marketing degree equips students with the skills needed to identify, anticipate, maintain, and satisfy customer needs and wants. By addressing these needs properly, marketers can successfully create interest and demand for a business’s product or service. While lower division courses address similar foundational concepts as a business degree, core marketing courses heavily focus on fundamental marketing ideas and specifically prepare students for a variety of career options.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Arts in Marketing program focuses on preparing you for a professional career in marketing. The program provides an academic baseline in business topics such as management, communications, and economics. You will then build upon your baseline by developing technical knowledge and application skills in market research, consumer behavior, advertising, and marketing strategy. When you successfully complete the a online marketing degree, you will be able to:
- Apply management and marketing concepts to diverse marketing needs within domestic and multiple global cultures
- Employ market research, data analysis, and analytics techniques to make informed marketing decisions
- Compare legal, ethical, sustainable, and socially responsible marketing principles
- Utilize appropriate marketing communications and digital practices to meet organizational and consumer needs
- Create a strategic marketing plan for a dynamic business environment
Your Courses in Marketing
The curriculum for the online Bachelor of Arts in Marketing degree covers essential components of the marketing discipline. You will explore topics such as advertising, communications, economics, digital marketing, market research, and business law.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (45 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Marketing
An emphasis provides you with additional opportunities to broaden and enrich your education that is distinct from and enhances your major. It may be taken as a way to expand career options, to prepare for graduate study, or simply to explore in greater depth an area different from your major. An emphasis consists of 9-12 credits.
Careers in Marketing
Your online marketing degree will prepare you for a gratifying career in the marketing field. Upon completion of your online bachelor’s degree in marketing, you will be equipped with the skills needed for a wide variety of entry-level positions and roles such as advertising, data analysis, market research, retail management, sales, and more. Take a look at your potential marketing career options below, to see which option best fits your interests.
How Long Does It Take to Earn an Online Degree in Marketing?
Having the flexibility to stick to your own schedule while taking online classes is a benefit that often gets overlooked, that best fit your schedule. Depending upon your level of dedication the time it takes to complete your online marketing degree can vary. With that being said, those who pursue a bachelor’s degree in marketing as a full-time student, can expect to complete the program within four years.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.
Save 10%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Welcome Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your undergraduate tuition with the Welcome Grant. UAGC believes you deserve access to a quality education without cost getting in the way. As a new undergraduate student, you may be eligible to save on your tuition. Contact us today to find out if you qualify for this cost-saving opportunity
* Must be a new student enrolling in an undergraduate degree level program. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate in their degree program, and students who previously graduated with an associate degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in bachelor’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Bridge Grant, the Alumni Grant, and the Referral Offer, as applicable.