Bachelor of Science in Cyber & Data Security Technology
Questions? Request Information
Cyber & Data Security Technology Bachelor's Degree Online
A cyber & data security technology bachelor’s degree can provide a career working against threats of cybercrime, data breaches, and identity theft – challenges that have become all too common in modern society. Lead the charge to repel these threats when you earn your Bachelor of Science in Cyber & Data Security Technology from the Forbes School of Business and Technology® at the University of Arizona Global Campus. With this degree, you will learn cyber & data security technology and gain the opportunity to become a data security partner for businesses of all sizes. Learn how to harness technology to prevent 21st century crime with our online cyber & data security classes.
What you will learn
Your online cyber & data security technology degree was built on the principles of domestic and international information security. The program is aimed at helping you secure and protect the digital assets of both public and private organizations from security threats. You will gain a firm understanding of the fundamentals of information assurance and the supporting principles of information security. This cyber & data security undergraduate degree will teach you how to become a cyber & data security technology professional who can support both government and industry, to protect the information systems of the organization. When you graduate from this program, you’ll be able to:
- Employ knowledge of Penetration testing while ensuring a strict professional, ethical, and social responsibility related to cyber and data security technology professions
- Discuss appropriate mobile and web application security tools used in the world of information security as they apply to the seven domains of the typical information technology infrastructure
- Develop a risk management plan based upon the classification of the seven domains of the typical information technology infrastructure
- Apply the process of securing databases, hardening security for users, hardware, and software while constructing appropriate countermeasures to ensure data integrity;
- Construct security counter measures using ethical hacking tools for hardware, software, wired, and wireless technology
- Evaluate local and global impact of attacks through information gathering such as enumeration, vulnerability scanning, and network reconnaissance, exploitation on individuals, organizations, and society
- Prepare appropriate solutions for business continuity to minimize the impact of a disruption or disaster to lessen the impact by utilizing security management support protocols, best practices, and necessary security tools
Your Courses in Cyber & Data Security Technology
Your core coursework in the cyber & data security technology bachelor’s degree focuses on fundamental knowledge of the technology associated with computing, software, and information technology, as well as relevant business topics such as project management and technical writing. Your major course requirements will develop your cyber and data security skills to protect systems, web apps, social networking sites, and more.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements
(57 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Cyber & Data Security Technology
An emphasis provides you with additional opportunities to broaden and enrich your education that is distinct from and enhances your major. It may be taken as a way to expand career options, to prepare for graduate study, or simply to explore in greater depth an area different from your major. An emphasis consists of 9-12 credits.
Careers in Cyber & Data Security Technology
Once you’ve completed your bachelor’s in cyber & data security technology, get ready for an exciting career using technology to help organizations secure their data from external threats. View some of the careers you could pursue when you graduate with your Cyber & Data Security Technology degree.
Cyber & Data Security Technology Degree Why Choose UArizona Global Campus
Our online degree program provides students with an experience as well as an education. As a student pursuing an undergraduate degree in cyber & data security technology, you’ll become a part of a community of educators and mentors at the Forbes School of Business and Technology®.
- Learn from qualified and experienced faculty members
- Craft your class schedule to meet your needs
- Find online support 24/7 with library and writing center assistance
- Expand your network by connecting with your classmates from across the globe
Explore even more benefits of the University of Arizona Global Campus Experience for your journey toward your online Cyber & Data Security Technology Degree.
Save 10%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Welcome Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your undergraduate tuition with the Welcome Grant. UAGC believes you deserve access to a quality education without cost getting in the way. As a new undergraduate student, you may be eligible to save on your tuition. Contact us today to find out if you qualify for this cost-saving opportunity
* Must be a new student enrolling in an undergraduate degree level program. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate in their degree program, and students who previously graduated with an associate degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in bachelor’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Bridge Grant, the Alumni Grant, and the Referral Offer, as applicable.