Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems
Questions? Request Information
With an online business information systems degree, you will build a repository of skills in the modern business environment. The Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems degree from the University of Arizona Global Campus enables graduates to understand the interaction, planning, development, operations of information systems and information sharing within a business or organization.
What Are Business Information Systems?
Business information systems are sets of connected procedures that include the analysis and organization of business information through the application of technology. A business information systems degree explores these procedures and ideas by teaching students how to blend core concepts from a traditional business administration degree and a technology-related degree. These concepts can include management, operations, and information systems.
All businesses contain information related to their products and internal structure. With this degree, you will learn how to comprise this business information through technology. This specific major is directed toward practical applications in the business world and is less theoretical than a traditional information systems degree. You will learn how to formulate and develop business-strategic plans while aligning information system principles with business strategies. This degree from an online college that is IACBE accredited is for individuals who want to work with computers while specifically utilizing them to design, build, and evaluate business-related information systems.
What you will learn
Your online business information systems courses focus on information technology planning, networking, e-business strategies, strategic data utilization, and business management, as well as problem-solving and leadership in designing, developing, and implementing new or existing information systems within businesses and organizations. Upon completion of your business information systems degree, you will be able to:
- Apply analytical, logical, and critical thinking abilities in the development of effective information systems solutions
- Evaluate information systems and enterprise solutions appropriate to meet presented business challenges
- Compare and contrast the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, providers, and society
- Develop alternative information systems solutions appropriate for addressing business problems
- Evaluate processes that support the delivery and management of information systems within the business application environment
- Apply knowledge to make responsible decisions when addressing professional, ethical, legal, and social issues and responsibilities relevant to the Information Technology discipline
- Employ collaborative team skills to accomplish a common goal.
Your Courses in Business Information Systems
Coursework for this information systems degree includes database management, systems analysis, technology planning, programming concepts, business law, and procurement.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (45 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Business Information Systems
An emphasis provides you with additional opportunities to broaden and enrich your education that is distinct from and enhances your major. It may be taken as a way to expand career options, to prepare for graduate study, or simply to explore in greater depth an area different from your major. An emphasis consists of 9-12 credits.
Careers in Business Information Systems
When you complete your business information systems degree online from UAGC, you will have the foundation needed to pursue a number of careers in which diverse business and technology knowledge is a must. By blending technological systems with the appropriate business knowledge, you will have desirable skills that are applicable to many of today’s organizations. Take a look at your potential career options below.
Is a Business Information Systems Degree worth it?
All businesses contain information related to their products and internal structure. With this degree, you will learn how to comprise business information through technology. If you are interested in technology and computers, but want an education that provides a solid background in business directed toward real-world application instead of theory, then pursuing an information systems degree can be a great fit for you. This online degree is for individuals who want to work with computers while specifically utilizing them to design, build, and evaluate business-related information systems.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.
Save 10%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Welcome Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your undergraduate tuition with the Welcome Grant. UAGC believes you deserve access to a quality education without cost getting in the way. As a new undergraduate student, you may be eligible to save on your tuition. Contact us today to find out if you qualify for this cost-saving opportunity
* Must be a new student enrolling in an undergraduate degree level program. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate in their degree program, and students who previously graduated with an associate degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in bachelor’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Bridge Grant, the Alumni Grant, and the Referral Offer, as applicable.