Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts
Questions? Request Information
An Online Liberal Arts Degree That Benefits You
See the big picture with an online bachelor's degree in liberal arts from the University of Arizona Global Campus. Embark on a broad-based course of study that allows you to explore a variety of academic areas. The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts emphasizes literature, philosophy, social science, and analytical and critical thinking skills, all of which prepare you for lifelong learning and social, cultural, and technological change.
Taking the time to earn your degree can be challenging, especially with a full-time job and family. UAGC’s online liberal arts degree gives students the flexibility to study when and where they want to. Due to the wide range of subjects and the flexibility in career options, more and more students are now choosing a liberal arts degree.
What you will learn
Consider the value that an online degree can offer. From unlocking potential career advancements, to inspiring confidence to pursue new job opportunities, the University of Arizona Global Campus bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts is designed to provide you with a broad-based educational experience, enriching your understanding of the physical and social world. The diversity of courses will enable you to examine major national and global issues, especially those issues related to cultures and their diversity.
Upon completion of your online liberal arts degree, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate comparative and analytical communication skills across disciplines
- Conduct effective independent research
- Demonstrate interpersonal and collaborative skills between and among diverse groups and individuals
- Apply critical thinking skills in analyzing complex social and cultural issues
- Summarize and integrate viewpoints from different disciplines
- Analyze the values that influence interactions among people, groups, or nations
These skills from an online liberal arts degree program give you an advantage in many ways, due to the study of such a wide variety of subjects and themes. This variety also allows you to learn about a wide range of ideas, that will better help you discover your interests and pursue a gratifying career.
Benefits of a BA in Liberal Arts
- Flexibility: Complete your online degree around your existing schedule, and take classes when you want.
- Affordability: We offer a wide range of funding options and manageable payment plans.
- Professional Instructors: Learn from professors who have the relevant knowledge and experience to help you grow into a liberal arts career.
- Online Support: Get online help that fits your schedule, available 24/7 anytime.
Your Courses in Liberal Arts
Embark on a broad-based course of study that allows you to explore a variety of academic areas and to develop an understanding of the physical and social world. This degree's curriculum also includes a
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (33 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Liberal Arts
An emphasis provides you with additional opportunities to broaden and enrich your education that is distinct from and enhances your major. It may be taken as a way to expand career options, to prepare for graduate study, or simply to explore in greater depth an area different from your major. An emphasis consists of 9-12 credits.
Careers in Liberal Arts
When you complete your online liberal arts degree, you will have what you need to begin a rewarding career in in a variety of industries and positions. Unlike majors such as nursing or information technology that specialize in very specific skills, liberal arts curriculum promotes exploration across many different subjects. From science to literature, the online classes for liberal arts majors are meant to teach you how to think and reason critically, while communicating to others clearly and effectively.
With a degree in liberal arts, you can pursue a wide range of career options that are specific to your interests. Career fields such as education, public relations, marketing, and management are just a few areas in which you can have the opportunity to work. This online degree option can also serve as a solid foundation if you are interested in pursuing graduate school. Take a look at your potential career options.
Save 10%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Welcome Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your undergraduate tuition with the Welcome Grant. UAGC believes you deserve access to a quality education without cost getting in the way. As a new undergraduate student, you may be eligible to save on your tuition. Contact us today to find out if you qualify for this cost-saving opportunity
* Must be a new student enrolling in an undergraduate degree level program. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate in their degree program, and students who previously graduated with an associate degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in bachelor’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Bridge Grant, the Alumni Grant, and the Referral Offer, as applicable.