Doctor of Psychology
Questions? Request Information
Online PsyD Program
Improve the emotional and mental health of your fellow human beings with the Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) from the University of Arizona Global Campus. In this online degree program, you will build your knowledge base in the history and systems of psychology, and then you will focus your PsyD degree by selecting a specialization that aligns with your specific career and research interests. If you value the importance of improving the mental health of others, then you can understand why pursuing a doctorate in psychology is essential to enact meaningful change in society.
What you will learn
The Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) program is designed for students who are, or desire to be, practitioners in particular disciplines such as Criminal Justice, Mediation and Conflict Resolution, Sport and Performance Psychology, Industrial Organizational Psychology, and others that have in common a desire to demonstrate service to the community through improving the emotional and mental health of clients. Online PsyD students become practitioner-scholars by becoming knowledgeable of the theory, research, and evidence-based practice in their specializations. The culminating Applied Doctoral Project becomes a personal contribution to the field of practice and of scholarship. Upon completion of the doctorate of psychology degree, students will be able to:
- Apply best practices in the field regarding professional values, ethics, attitudes, and behaviors
- Exhibit culturally diverse standards in working professionally with individuals, groups, and communities who represent various cultural and personal backgrounds
- Utilize a comprehensive psychology knowledge base grounded in theoretical models, evidence-based methods, and research in the discipline
- Integrate leadership skills appropriate in the field of psychology
- Critically evaluate applied psychology research methods, trends, and concepts
Your Courses in Psychology
The Doctor of Psychology includes 10 core courses, plus seven (7) specialization courses, and a capstone seminar. You will then complete an Applied Doctoral Project, which includes two (2) planning courses as well as five (5) units of the Applied Doctoral Project course. This online doctorate in psychology is taught by qualified faculty members who all have doctorates themselves. They possess recent experience in the field of psychology, which allows them to teach theory and practical applications of the curriculum.
Core, Capstone, and Applied Doctoral Project Course Requirements*: (41 credits)
*You may choose to complete a dissertation instead of an Applied Doctoral Project. Please submit a change request if you are interested in completing a dissertation.
Specializations in Psychology
Customize your online doctorate in psychology by selecting a specialization that aligns with your interests. Each specialization is 21 credits. Please note that there are unique disclosures associated with the Sport and Performance Psychology specialization that can be accessed directly from the specialization page below. Learn more about all of the Doctor of Psychology specializations:
Criminology and Justice Studies
Health and Wellness Psychology
Sport and Performance Psychology
Careers in Psychology
The Doctor of Psychology will prepare you for a wide range of careers that require a deep understanding of the human mind. With many specialties in the field, you will be able to tailor your passion to fit your specific interest. In order to compete for many PsyD-related careers, many will need a doctorate degree in psychology. Your PsyD online provides the necessary background on theories and skills needed in order to carry out research, tests, treatment, and reports. View some of the potential career options that may be available to you.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.
Save 25%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Scholar Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $4,800* per academic year on your doctoral tuition with the Scholar Grant. The pinnacle of academic achievement should never be out of reach because of the price tag. If you’ve been thinking about going the distance in your education, the Scholar Grant is your opportunity to earn your doctoral degree. Experience the accessibility of an online doctoral program designed for busy adults and at a lower cost to you.
* Must be a new student enrolling in a doctoral program. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate. To maintain eligibility, students cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Referral Offer, as applicable.