Doctor of Philosophy in Education
Questions? Request Information
Doctorate Degree in Education
Achieve one of the ultimate degrees available in the education field when you earn your Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education at the University of Arizona Global Campus. Attain the expertise to advance your position, further improve your credentials, or seek a career in an educational institution. If you value the importance of learning and improving our education system, then you understand why pursuing an online PhD in education is necessary to enact meaningful change in schools and classrooms across the country. As more individuals are going back to school, a PhD in education is also a great option when competing for top education positions.
What you will learn
This online Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education provides the broad knowledge to help you be a leader in the education field and this credential is typically aimed at students who plan to pursue education careers in academia. The PhD program explores educational theories, practices, policies, strategies, and issues. You will also develop your research and scholarship skills as you work toward the preparation of your doctoral dissertation. Additionally, submitted GRE test scores are not a requirement when pursuing a PhD in education from the University of Arizona Global Campus. Graduates of the PhD in Education program will be able to:
- Evaluate theories, practices, issues, and trends in designing and implementing educational strategies
- Develop strategies for leveraging social and cultural diversity in offering education in organizations
- Design policies and initiatives that adhere to ethical and legal practices in educational settings and learning communities
- Propose solutions to societal problems through evidence-based application of educational research
- Apply diverse methods and principles of inquiry, discovery, evaluation, and original scholarship to educational research questions and practices
Your Courses in Education
The online doctorate in education includes 15 core courses in education and research, plus one (1) elective research course, and a capstone seminar. The coursework leads up to your doctoral dissertation, which includes two (2) dissertation planning courses as well as five (5) units of the dissertation course. This online doctorate in education is designed to be a flexible alternative to a traditional college education. Your courses are meant to fit with your current schedule, as you will have access to course materials and resources all from your computer, tablet, smartphone, or other Wi-Fi enabled device.
Core, Research, Capstone, and Dissertation Course Requirements: (59 credits)
Note: you must select either RES 7415 or RES 7440 to fulfill the Research Course Requirement.
Careers in Education
The online PhD in Education is an ideal program for you if you have career aspirations and research interests related to the field of education. Those who obtain a PhD in education will be more qualified for careers in academic research and education theory and can often seek careers in higher education organizations. View some of the potential education careers you’ll be prepared to pursue with your online doctorate in education.
Save 25%Find Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Scholar Grant
Extended Through August 2021
Save up to $4,800* per academic year on your doctoral tuition with the Scholar Grant. The pinnacle of academic achievement should never be out of reach because of the price tag. If you’ve been thinking about going the distance in your education, the Scholar Grant is your opportunity to earn your doctoral degree. Experience the accessibility of an online doctoral program designed for busy adults and at a lower cost to you.
* Must be a new student enrolling in a doctoral program. This includes students who enrolled prior to July 2021, but did not matriculate. To maintain eligibility, students cannot exceed 365 days of consecutive non-attendance. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional offers or grants excluding the Referral Offer, as applicable.