Bachelor of Arts in Social and Criminal Justice
Questions? Request Information
Arm yourself with the knowledge to help keep your community safe. Gain a broad-based approach to working with law enforcement and the criminal justice system when you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Social and Criminal Justice degree online from the University of Arizona Global Campus. Through this online degree, you will develop a thorough understanding of the current social and criminal justice system. Examine topics in criminal investigations, psychology, crime prevention, terrorism, the correctional system, and law.
What is Criminal Justice?
The field of criminal justice is a system put in place by government agencies and institutions that strive to deliver justice to those who have committed crimes, by imposing some form of punishment on them. This system aims to keep citizens safe by helping society maintain social order and controlling crime. The field of criminal justice can be focused on protecting local communities, all the way up to nationwide crimes.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Arts in Social and Criminal Justice degree allows you to investigate both the social and legal sides of working in the criminal justice field. You'll develop an additional understanding of the criminal justice system and the impact social issues have on maintaining a just society. Upon completion of your bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, you will be able to:
- Analyze criminal justice issues within the systems of law enforcement, the judiciary, and corrections
- Evaluate the application of the social justice principles of equality, solidarity, and human rights toward building a just society
- Apply knowledge of cultural sensitivity and diversity awareness to social and criminal justice
- Deconstruct the relationship between law enforcement, the judiciary, and corrections
- Interpret the relationship between social justice and criminal justice
- Develop critical perspectives in the study of social and criminal justice by drawing on the fields of criminology, law, philosophy, psychology, science, and sociology
Your Courses in Social and Criminal Justice
Through your criminal justice degree classes you will investigate both the social and legal sides of working in the criminal justice system. By examining topics in forensics, psychology, crime prevention, terrorism, the correctional system, and law, you will develop the skills and gain the knowledge needed to build an effective career in criminal justice.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Social and Criminal Justice
An emphasis provides you with additional opportunities to broaden and enrich your education that is distinct from and enhances your major. It may be taken as a way to expand career options, to prepare for graduate study, or simply to explore in greater depth an area different from your major. An emphasis consists of 9-12 credits.
Careers in Social and Criminal Justice
An education in social and criminal justice allows for a wide range of career opportunities. Take a look at your potential career options.
$510 Per Credit
$459 Per CreditFind Out How You Can Save
The UAGC Welcome Grant
Starting in July 2021
Save up to $1,200* per academic year on your undergraduate tuition with the Welcome Grant. UAGC believes you deserve access to a quality education without cost getting in the way. As a new undergraduate student, you may be eligible to save on your tuition. Contact us today to find out if you qualify for this cost-saving opportunity
* Must be a new student enrolling in an undergraduate degree level program. This includes students who previously enrolled, but did not matriculate in their degree program and students who previously graduated with an associate degree from UAGC or Ashford University and are enrolling in bachelor’s degree program. To maintain eligibility, students must remain continuously enrolled at the University. There are no additional steps for the student after completing the Online Application. This grant applies only to tuition charges and does not include any savings for books and/or fees. Cannot be receiving any other institutional grants excluding the Bridge Grant & the Alumni Grant, as applicable.