Commencement is just around the corner! To help you prepare for your big day, we’ve compiled a checklist you can reference to keep track of everything you should do leading up to the main event.
Check these items off your to-do list, and you’ll be sure to have a stress-free time celebrating your achievements with friends and family.
- Join our Facebook Events for the graduation celebration on Saturday and commencement ceremony on Sunday, and stay up-to-date on all things commencement. Be sure to plan out your days accordingly so you can participate in all of the fun!**
- Read our blog about everything you need to know for commencement.
- Download, create an account, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram for a chance to be featured on the jumbotron using #UAGCgrad23
- Find out if any of your classmates are attending, and plan to meet in person.
- Tell your family members who cannot attend that there will be a live-stream link available on uagc.edu on ceremony day.
- Confirm your flight, hotel room, and rental car, if traveling.
- Decorate your cap (or do it with our peers at our decorating station during the festivities on Saturday).
- Get your camera equipment ready (if using your phone, make sure memory isn’t full) and be sure to pack your chargers. Take lots of pictures and share the musing #UAGCgrad23! Get some photo tips here.
- Plan your visit to Glendale.
- Pack comfortable shoes.
- Bring sunscreen.
- Remember to pack your cap, tassel, and gown and be sure to iron.
- Reach out to your advisor or [email protected] with any questions.
- Arrive early.
- Plan a spot to meet your group afterward for celebration photos.
- Don't forget to bring your cap, gown, and tassel on Sunday!
*As of the publication of this blog
**Attendance at Saturday’s events is not required but is highly encouraged.