It’s just one month until the Spring 2020 commencement ceremony, and we couldn’t be more excited for our hard-working graduates. So many of you plan to attend the weekend festivities in San Diego*, and there’s a lot to do before you celebrate. To help you prepare for the big day, we’ve compiled a checklist you can reference to keep track of everything you should do leading up to the main event.
If you’re not attending commencement, you can still celebrate with us from wherever you are, and that takes planning, too. Check out our Pinterest board for ideas on how you can join in the fun, and then use live stream to watch the ceremony.
Check these items off your to-do list, and you’ll be sure to have a stress-free time celebrating your achievements with friends and family.
- Join our Facebook Events for the graduation ceremony, alumni event, and commencement, and stay up-to-date on all things commencement. Be sure to plan out your days accordingly so you can participate in all of the fun!**
- Download, create an account, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram for a chance to be featured on the jumbotron using #AUgrad20
- Find out if any of your classmates are attending, and plan to meet in person.
- Tell your family members who cannot attend that there will be a live-stream link available on ashford.edu on ceremony day.
- Confirm your flight, hotel room, and rental car, if traveling.
- Decorate your cap (or do it with our peers at our decorating station during the festivities on Saturday).
- Get your camera equipment ready (if using your phone, make sure memory isn’t full) and be sure to pack your chargers.
- Check out our Pinterest board to help plan your visit to San Diego.
- Pack comfortable shoes.
- Bring sunscreen.
- Remember to pack your cap, tassel, and gown and be sure to iron.
- Reach out to your advisor or [email protected] with any questions.
- Bring $20 cash for parking.
- Arrive early.
- Plan a spot to meet your group afterward for celebration photos.
- Don't forget to bring your cap, gown, tassel on Sunday!
*As of the publication of this blog
**Attendance at Saturday’s events is not required but is highly encouraged.