Ashford University's* 2020 Virtual Commencement Ceremony is coming, and although things will look a little different this year, we couldn’t be more thrilled for our hard-working graduates. To make sure it’s an unforgettable event, we’re putting together a full virtual experience that will be sure to please. Details will be shared in the weeks leading up to the big day on October 11. So be sure to check back to learn more about the celebration. In the meantime, to help you prepare in advance, we’ve compiled a checklist you can reference to keep track of everything you should do ahead of the event.
After all, celebrating from wherever you are takes planning, too.
Take a look at our Pinterest board for ideas on how you can join in the fun, and then use live stream to watch the ceremony.
Check these items off your to-do list, and you’ll be sure to have a stress-free and safe time celebrating your achievements with friends and family.
- Join our Facebook Events for the virtual commencement, and stay up-to-date on all things graduation.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for opportunities to celebrate your achievements, and post your graduation and virtual ceremony celebration highlights using #AUgrad20 for a chance to win some AU swag.
- Find out if any of your classmates are attending the virtual ceremony, and be sure to @ them in the chat during the event.
- Tell your family members who cannot watch along with you in your home that there will be a live-stream link available on ashford.edu on ceremony day.
- Decorate your cap, and have family or household members join in the fun. If you have any friends who also are graduating, set up a virtual cap decorating party before the big day!
- Decorate your house and get in the festive mood! Check out our Pinterest board for some inspiration. Want to get the Ashford colors correct? Use these HEX codes to make sure you match: Purple: #621B4B, Yellow: #FFD100, Blue: #002664, Orange: #FF7900
- Plan your menu and whip up some Ashford-inspired celebratory treats, like the one’s we’ve pinned to this Pinterest board.
- Get your camera equipment ready (if using your phone, make sure memory isn’t full) and be sure to charge the batteries so you can capture all the memories.
- Remember to take out your cap and tassel and iron your gown.
- RSVP virtual Pre-Party Facebook event.
- RSVP to the Facebok event for commencement, and invite all your family and friends. Then, plan a watch party.
- Test your computer equipment and connection, and sign on to the virtual events early.
- Create your GIFs! Search for AUgrad20 or Ashford University on Instagram or Giphy.
- Plan a spot to take some celebration photos, and tag us or email them to [email protected] for a chance to be featured.
- Don't forget to wear your cap, gown, and tassel during the virtual commencement ceremony on Sunday, October 11!
- Have your mask ready if you’re celebrating with family or friends who don't live in your household.
- Reach out to your advisor or send an email to [email protected] with any questions.
Written by University staff
*Ashford University is now the University of Arizona Global Campus