Phi Theta Kappa
Welcome to the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society at the University of Arizona Global Campus! If you're a University of Arizona Global Campus online student seeking an Associate's degree, you deserve recognition for your academic success and contributions.
Phi Theta Kappa is the International Honor Society of the two-year college/Associate's degree-granting institution. Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold: to recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service, and fellowship programs.
Read the official Chapter Bylaws of the Beta Tau Chi chapter of Phi Theta Kappa at the University of Arizona Global Campus.
The Beta Tau Chi chapter of Phi Theta Kappa at the University of Arizona Global Campus was established on September 13, 2011.
Charter members are:
- Joseph Allen, Director of Student Affairs
- Dr. Elizabeth Tice, Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (former)
- Vanessa Schoenherr, Student Development & Engagement Specialist II (former)
Membership is by invitation only. In order to receive an invitation for membership, students must meet the criteria below as of May 30 and November 30:
- Be an active student seeking an Associate’s degree;
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours of coursework that may be applied to an Associate’s degree;
- Have a grade point average of 3.7; and
- Be willing to adhere to the moral standards of the Society.
Please note that there is a one-time membership fee of $60.
All members receive a membership certificate, Phi Theta Kappa ID card, and membership pin.
Through Phi Theta Kappa Headquarters:
The Society offers valuable opportunities for individual growth through leadership, career development, and networking. All members have free enrollment in Five Star Competitive Edge, a personal and professional development plan for building marketable skills and an online portfolio.
In addition, Phi Theta Kappa offers over $37 million in scholarships, both for those continuing the pursuit of the Associate's degree and those transferring to a senior institution to complete their Bachelor's degree.
Members also have access to special benefits and offers from Phi Theta Kappa corporate partners. For more information about Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, please visit Phi Theta Kappa's website.
Through the University of Arizona Global Campus:
Notation of membership will appear on your University of Arizona Global Campus transcript.
Please note that a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher must be maintained to remain in good standing with Phi Theta Kappa. Students who fall below a 3.5 cum GPA will be notified and placed in a probationary period. Students in a probationary period will have 12 completed credits to bring their cum GPA back to a 3.5 or higher.
- If at the end of 12 additional completed credits, a student's cum GPA is 3.5 or higher, their status will return to a member in good standing.
- If after the completion of 12 additional credits a student's cum GPA remains below 3.5, their membership in Phi Theta Kappa will be revoked. Please note that membership revocation includes loss of access to the membership benefits and privileges associated with Phi Theta Kappa membership, such as being eligible to wear the membership pin or cords at commencement and having Phi Theta Kappa membership denoted on your transcript.
Any Phi Theta Kappa member who participates in the University of Arizona Global Campus commencement ceremony will be distinguished as a Phi Theta Kappa member by wearing Phi Theta Kappa regalia. Induction must be completed at least one week prior to commencement in order to receive regalia.
Honors Recognition Events
An Honors Recognition Event takes place the weekend of Commencement to recognize honor society inductees and those graduating with honors. View photos from the events. (Please note you must have a Facebook account and be logged in to access photos.)
Contact the Phi Theta Kappa Chapter Advisor at [email protected].