Welcome to the Alpha Lambda chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda at the University of Arizona Global Campus! Alpha Sigma Lambda is an honor society that partners with colleges and universities to celebrate the scholarship and leadership of adult students in higher education. If you’re an online student, you deserve recognition for your academic achievements and contributions. Look to Alpha Sigma Lambda as an inspiration for continuing scholastic growth and to build pride through recognition.
Alpha Sigma Lambda was founded in 1945 to honor those dedicated adult students who, while adroitly handling their life responsibilities, achieve and maintain high scholastic standards. Alpha Sigma Lambda is not only the oldest, but also the largest, chapter-based honor society for full- and part-time students.
Read the official constitution of the University of Arizona Global Campus chapter of the Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society, called the Alpha Lambda Chapter. Note that the chapter was originally founded at Ashford University which is reflected on the letterhead of the constitution. A future renewal/iteration will reflect University of Arizona Global Campus.
The Alpha Lambda chapter of the University of Arizona Global Campus was established on April 9, 2007. Charter members are:
- Dr. Karen Conzett, Director of Prior Learning Assessment (former)
- Dr. Hope Gardina, Vice President of Academic Affairs (retired)
- Sr. Kathleen Holland, OSF, Adult Accelerated Program Coordinator (former)
- Dr. Curt Lowe, Dean of the College of Liberal Arts (former)
- Dr. Jane McAuliffe, Bridgepoint Education Executive Vice President/Chief Academic Office (former)
- Dr. Charles Minnick, Dean of the Forbes School of Business (former)
- Dr. Barbara Philibert, Dean of the College of Health, Human Services, and Science (former)
- Dr. Elizabeth Tice, Ashford University President (former)
Membership into the Alpha Lambda chapter of the Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society at the University of Arizona Global Campus is by invitation only and open to students in online programs at the University of Arizona Global Campus. A student must meet all the following criteria to be eligible for membership at the time of screening (typically January 1 or July 1 of the membership drive year):
- Be currently enrolled in their first Bachelor’s Degree program
- Be in the top 20% of their student cohort
- Have completed a minimum of twenty-four (24) credits at the University of Arizona Global Campus
Through Alpha Sigma Lambda Society:
Alpha Sigma Lambda honor society typically offers a yearly scholarship opportunity. For more information about Alpha Sigma Lambda, including scholarships they offer, please visit the Alpha Sigma Lambda website.
Through the University of Arizona Global Campus:
Any Alpha Sigma Lambda member who participates in the University of Arizona Global Campus in-person commencement ceremony will be distinguished as a member by wearing Alpha Sigma Lambda regalia. Induction must be completed at least one week prior to commencement in order to receive regalia.
All members will also receive a certificate suitable for framing. It is typically delivered within a few months of induction.