Veterans Affairs

As a student veteran at the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC), there are a number of important things to know about your veteran education benefits to ensure you have a successful college experience. Read on to learn about veterans’ benefits, how to use them at UAGC and avoiding interruption of your Veterans Affairs (VA) Education Benefit use.

Veterans Benefit use at UAGC

If you intend to use VA education benefits at UAGC and have not already provided documentation of VA education benefit eligibility, you will need to confirm whether you have applied with the VA for the use of education benefits and what your intended chapter of use will be. If you are a newly enrolling student, please communicate these details with your enrollment advisor. If you are an existing student and are intending to use VA education benefits with UAGC for the first time, you can communicate this information to the UAGC VA Coordinator team at [email protected].

If you are a newly enrolled student at the University of Arizona Global Campus and have been conditionally admitted, please understand that your courses will not be VA certified until you have successfully posted attendance in the fourth week of your first course. You will then be moved from a “conditionally admitted” status to an “enrolled” status. Once this happens, your courses can then be VA certified. Your file will be reviewed on a monthly basis and your certifications will be updated at that time. If you make changes to your schedule, please contact your assigned VA Advisor to let them know so they can make the necessary updates to your VA certification. (Note: your assigned VA Advisor’s contact information can be found in your student portal).

For students utilizing Title IV financial aid, any VA education benefits will not limit your financial aid eligibility. Please contact our Financial Services department with any questions that you may have related to utilizing financial aid.

If you decide to use VA education benefits while on active duty, this choice may impact the amounts of benefits for which you are eligible. For exact details regarding those amounts, please consult the Department of Veterans Affairs, or visit their website by clicking here.

VA Education Programs

If you would like to learn more about VA Education Programs available to you, you should begin your research by reviewing the Department of Veterans Affairs Education and Training website at, using the GI Bill® Comparison Tool, or contacting the VA’s GI Bill® Hotline at (888)GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551).

Veteran Readiness & Employment

For students interested in learning about and using Ch. 31 Veteran Readiness & Employment benefits students should begin this process by visiting Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) Home ( and or by reaching out to a local VA Regional Office so that a VA representative may assist you. Should you become eligible, or need a contact at UAGC regarding the processing of this benefit, you may reach us at [email protected].

Applying for VA Education Benefits

Step 1:

Please click here to apply for VA benefits. When applying, please note UAGCs address as shown below. If you are using Ch. 33 Post 9/11 GIBill® Transfer of Entitlement benefits, please apply after receiving the Department of Defense (DoD) transfer approval.

Note that the VA will classify the University of Arizona Global Campus undergraduate student training time as ¾ time and that of graduate student training time as full-time.

UAGC Address:
180 South Arizona Avenue, Suite #301
Chandler, AZ 85225

Step 2:

After you have completed your forms for applying for the VA benefits, please send a copy of the confirmation page along with a copy of your DD-214 (if available), by email to [email protected] or by fax to 866.512.1729. If a Certificate of Eligibility has already been issued, please send it to the email or fax number above.

Step 3:

Please allow sufficient time for the VA to receive and process the forms that you submitted to apply for VA education benefits. VA processing time averages 24 days for new applications, and 10 days for supplemental claims, however seasonality may impact those time frames.

Making Payment to UAGC

As a reminder, for students using Ch. 30 (Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty), Ch. 35 (Survivors & Dependents Assistance), or Ch. 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve), VA will send education benefit payments directly to you, the student. It will be your responsibility to pay the University for tuition and fees.

Log into your Student Portal to make a payment or you can mail a check or money order directly to the Finance Office at:

The University of Arizona Global Campus Finance Office
180 South Arizona Avenue, Suite #301
Chandler, AZ 85225

VA Enrollment Verification

Depending on the chapter of VA education benefits that you are utilizing, you may be required to very your enrollment with UAGC on a regular basis.

If you are using Ch. 30 or Ch. 1606, you must verify your enrollment on or before the last day of the month through Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or the Interactive Voice Response system (IVR). You can either log into your WAVE account or call IVR at 877.823.2378.

If you are using Ch. 35 benefits, the Department of Veterans Affairs will issue monthly payments without student verification, so no enrollment verification is needed.

If you are using Ch. 33 benefits, tuition and fees are paid directly to the school after your certification is processed. However, students utilizing Ch. 33 who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments are required to verify their enrollment to continue receiving their payments. Students should visit the VA website for Enrollment Verification and follow the detailed instructions listed. This website is located at

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Use of military-affiliated images does not imply endorsement of Department of Veteran Affairs (VA).

More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Search UAGC

Let us help.

Fill out this form to talk with an advisor.

Are you currently a licensed RN?

This program requires you to be a current licensed registered nurse. Please check out other programs to reach your education goals such as the BA in Health and Wellness.

Are you a member of the military?

We are currently not accepting new enrollments in the state of North Carolina.