Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government
Declare independence with your Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government from the University of Arizona Global Campus. This degree demonstrates your understanding of political relationships and how our complex institutions work. Your bachelor of arts in political science provides a broad curriculum which covers a vast array of issues and problems that are crucial to the future of our nation and the world.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government provides a systematic study that focuses on political behavior, power and authority, and conflict resolution. Your political science courses include subjects like political behavior, power and authority, policy development, international relations, and conflict resolution, and conclude with a research-focused capstone course. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government degree program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which power and authority are embedded in the structures and workings of the government and politics
- Analyze political issues and develop methods to resolve them through effective and creative communication
- Develop the ability to undertake in-depth analyses of political behavior as it applies to various political theories in democracy and representation
- Assess critically the causes and implications of conflict, compromise, and cooperation at the local, national, transnational, and global levels
- Evaluate public policy as it relates to political behavior, rights, and justice
Your Courses in Political Science and Government
All of your political science courses help you achieve program outcomes and include subjects like political behavior, power and authority, policy development, international relations, and conflict resolution, and conclude with a research-focused political science capstone course.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Political Science and Government
An emphasis provides you with additional opportunities to broaden and enrich your education that is distinct from and enhances your major. It may be taken as a way to expand career options, to prepare for graduate study, or simply to explore in greater depth an area different from your major. An emphasis consists of three (3), three (3) credit courses. Choose from the following emphases:
Environmental Management & Sustainability
Web & Mobile App Technology
Careers in Political Science and Government
No matter what career you choose, the study of political science and government enhance your understanding of our nation and its government and can prepare you for a variety of careers or an advanced degree of your choice. Take a look at your potential political science related career options below.