College Credit for Military Training

You can transfer approved credits* toward a bachelor’s degree, including up-to 75 non-traditional credits, like your ACE-recommended-credits on your Joint Services Transcript. CCAF is an approved-accredited institution, and successfully completed college-level credits are considered traditional transfer credit at UAGC. Talk with your Military Enrollment Services Advisor about how you can maximize credits from your military trainings.

The University of Arizona Global Campus will attempt to request all your prior college and military transcripts on your behalf, including your Joint Services Transcript (JST) and CCAF transcript. These transcripts will be evaluated through the Office of the Registrar.

Be sure to explore our community college transfer options and partnerships to see if any of your previous colleges have available transfer guides. Don’t worry if you don’t see your previous institution listed; UAGC transfer policies may still apply.

Prior Learning Assessment

We recognize that you learn a lot from boot camp, basic training, and other military experiences. While uncommon to see military trainings without ACE-recommended credit, the UAGC Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) program, provides an opportunity for you to have these additional military trainings and experiences evaluated for college credit.

Learn more about the PLA program in the PLA Information Center in your student portal. Once your official transcript evaluation has been completed, connect with the UAGC PLA team on potential opportunities.

Certain degree programs may not be available in all states.


The transferability of credits is subject to the University of Arizona Global Campus transfer credit policies and requires the submission of official transcripts. The official transcripts will be evaluated by the Registrar’s Office to determine the credits that will officially apply toward a UAGC degree program. Credits must be earned at the same degree level in order to be applied. Additional restrictions may apply. See the UAGC Academic Catalog for full undergraduate and graduate transfer policies.

Search UAGC

Let us help.

Fill out this form to talk with an advisor.

Are you currently a licensed RN?

This program requires you to be a current licensed registered nurse. Please check out other programs to reach your education goals such as the BA in Health and Wellness.

Are you a member of the military?

We are currently not accepting new enrollments in the state of North Carolina.