Hazar Shehadeh, PhD
Dr. Hazar Shehadeh is Associate Professor in the College of Arts and Sciences in the Academic Engagement Center at the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC). She has taught English, ESL, film criticism, linguistics, literature, and humanities courses working and supporting undergraduate and graduate learners since 2009.
She has served in and led different committees to review, revise, and design curricula, and she has developed and reviewed online and hybrid courses for different institutions. Her research focuses on improving minority students’ academic performance and examining different instructional methods to increase student academic achievement and retention.
- Shehadeh, H. (2022). Pandemic Response: Impact of Accelerated English Courses on Student Achievement and Withdrawal Rates. Summer Academe: The Journal of Higher Education, 15(1), 1-13.
- Shehadeh, H. H. (July 14, 2021). Taming the Black Monster. Made into America: Immigrant Stories Archive.
- Shehadeh, H. H. (2015). Web-enhanced instruction: Its impact on Hispanic students’ ACCUPLACER scores. The International Journal of Learner Diversity and Identities, (22)2, 9-20.
- Termos, M. H. & Shehadeh, H. H. (2014). Comparing the effectiveness of classroom and online based learning in anatomy and physiology course. The International Journal of Science, Mathematics, and Technology Learning, 20(2), 17-27.
- Shehadeh, H. H. & Termos, M. H. (2014). Hispanic students’ perception of discriminatory campus climate in a Hispanic-serving institution. The Journal of the World Universities Forum, 6(2), 65-71.
- Shehadeh, H. H. (2014). The difference between face-to-face and online instruction on Hispanic students’ success in developmental English courses. The International Journal of Learning in Higher Education, 20(1), 55-66.
- Shehadeh, H. H. (2011). The effects of two-way bilingual immersion program on student academic performance and cultural interaction. The International Journal of the Humanities, 9(1), 37-42.
- Shehadeh, H. H. (4 December 2022). 8-Week Courses: Are They Effective? Poster Presentation presented at 2022 SACSCOC Annual Meeting, Atlanta, USA.
- Shehadeh, H. H. (14 July 2014). Web-enhanced instruction impact on Hispanic Students ACCUPLACER scores. Paper presented at 21st International Conference on Learning, Lander College for Women: Touro College, New York City, USA.
- Shehadeh, H. H. (11-13 July 2013). Face-to-face vs. online instruction on Hispanic students’ success in developmental English courses. Paper presented at Twentieth International Conference on Learning, University of Aegean, Rhodes, Greece.
- Shehadeh H. H. & Termos, M. H. (10-11 January 2013). Hispanic students’ perception of discriminatory campus climate. Paper presented at The Sixth World Universities Forum, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- Shehadeh H. H. (June 2011). Effects of two-way bilingual immersion program. Paper presented at The Ninth International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain.