For Academic All Stars Only
Add prestige to your education.
The Honors Program
The University of Arizona Global Campus Honors Program engages a community of exceptional Bachelor's students in educational opportunities that promote leadership, innovation, global perspective, and civic responsibility. Join the best and brightest students in the Honors Program and be recognized for your academic achievements.
How It Works
If you are an undergraduate student seeking a Bachelor's degree who has achieved an excellent academic record, you can elevate your degree program by applying for entry into the University of Arizona Global Campus Honors Program. The Honors Program curriculum adds a prestigious enhancement to your degree by substituting Honors Program classes for select General Education and/or elective courses in your degree program. The Honors Program is not available to graduate students.
The full Honors Program curriculum consists of three Honors Program courses and one required elective credit for a total of 10 credits. HON 270 and HON 280 may replace two courses in your General Education sequence that fulfill the same competencies (Critical Thinking, Civic Responsibility). HON 490 will serve as an elective course.
Benefits of the Honors Program
When you complete the Honors program, you are recognized as an academic achiever. There are numerous benefits available to you throughout your degree program:
Upon acceptance into the Honors Program, students will receive:
- Support from a collaborative and holistic support team consisting of a Student Advisor, Financial Aid Advisor, and Career & Alumni Advisor
- Mentorship from a UAGC faculty member
- A dedicated phone line to contact Honors advisors
- Access to the benefits of UAGC's partnership with Forbes
- An invitation to join a college community group within the Global Campus online alumni community
- An invitation to join the exclusive Honors Program Learning Community within Canvas
- Student Membership in the National Collegiate Honors Council
- Student Membership in the SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society (for qualified military/veteran students only)
- Honors Program designation on your transcript
Upon graduation, students will receive:
- Special recognition from the Honors Program at commencement, including an Honors Program Ceremony
- Honors Program designation on your diploma
Eligibility and Application
To be eligible for acceptance into the Honors Program, you must be seeking a Bachelor’s degree, have completed 15 or more credits at the University of Arizona Global Campus with a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher. To remain active in the Honors Program, you must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
To apply for the Honors Program if you are a current UAGC student:
1. Log into your Student Portal
2. Click My Forms on the left-hand navigation pane
3. Click Registrar Forms
4. Click Online Forms
5. Search for Honors Program Application
6. Click the Honors Program Application for Acceptance and follow the instructions.
If you are interested in applying to the Honors Program but haven’t yet enrolled at the University of Arizona Global Campus, connect with a UAGC representative at 855.245.1415 to learn more.
Part of your application requires you to submit:
- Honors Program Application for Acceptance
- An Honors essay (between 250 – 300 words