Join the Center for Women's Leadership
Forbes School of Business & Technology
Center for Women's Leadership
The mission of the Center for Women’s Leadership (CWL) is to provide a community for networking and professional development, and to make recommendations to organizational practices through existing and novel research.
We envision a world in which all women are empowered as leaders.
Attending a live webinar hosted by the Center for Women’s Leadership at the Forbes School of Business and Technology is one way to join our community and network with other members. You’ll find CWL members to be welcoming and excited to meet you! The Center for Women’s Leadership will be hosting both in-person and virtual networking opportunities across industries to benefit members.
Through the Center for Women’s Leadership at the Forbes School of Business and Technology, members have access to various avenues of professional development. While professional development can occur in formal settings such as conferences, webinars, or training classes, it also occurs informally as you learn, communicate with others, and open your minds to new ideas and perspectives. Professional development allows you to better understand the issues, concerns, opportunities, and solutions that are relevant to your field and organization.
The Center for Women’s Leadership at the Forbes School of Business and Technology offers resources for research and growth. Research offers a unique opportunity to study past events and current conditions to better understand trends and relationships, identify issues and concerns, make projections for the future, generate new ideas, and create innovative solutions. As the role of women in leadership expands, so does the obligation to be knowledgeable, emotionally intelligent, and a catalyst for positive change to not only promote equity and inclusion for all people, regardless of gender or other biological characteristics, but also to positively affect organizations in terms of operational efficiency, financial success, and social responsibility.
The Center for Women’s Leadership Mentoring Program supports the CWL’s vision and mission by fostering productive, development-focused relationships between high-achieving, successful women leaders and University students and alumni. In partnership with the university’s peer mentoring initiatives, the CWL Mentoring Program offers 10 weeks of guided reflection, conversation, and application ideas designed to empower future women leaders in the organizations and communities they serve by: developing their commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and empowerment; increasing their awareness of resources, tools, and opportunities that will help them develop their leadership potential; and, expanding their capacity for professional networking for career advancement. Review Mentoring Program details here.
The Center for Women’s Leadership is proud to welcome thought leaders across industries focused on a wide range of subjects to foster learning, ignite inspiration, and provoke conversations that lead to individual and organizational impact and change. Join us for an upcoming Center for Women’s Leadership event or check out on-demand access to past events now.
Mark your calendar! A schedule of upcoming events and registration details is available. Members receive regular updates about events with early access to registration.
More events coming soon!
Access on-demand recordings of webinars, keynote speakers, and panel discussions.
Partnerships & Community Outreach Focus
We embrace and value engagement with communities - local, regional, national, and international - as a powerful means for advancing the development and empowerment of women in leadership.
We are excited to have community partnership support from the Women in Technology International (WITI)
For more information about partnering with the CWL, contact us at [email protected]
The CWL relies on contributions from organizations and individuals like you to support our mission of advancing women’s leadership. Private support helps fund our events and other resources, grow our event scholarship fund, and build for future growth and stability.
Benefits & Opportunity
Benefits your company may realize by sponsoring the CWL include:
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity by aligning your organization with the mission of The Center for Women’s Leadership at Forbes School of Business and Technology®
- Leverage the CWL to complement or create your internal women’s network and learn best practices from our resources
- Access to CWL events, resources, and collaborations that empower women and businesses to succeed
- Expand business opportunities through our networking events and online member directory
- Attract top talent and/or clients from across our network
- Expand your brand exposure through sponsoring one of our in-person or online events
- Opportunities to share your services and products with CWL members and affiliates
- Outreach opportunities with the Forbes School of Business and Technology®, CWL education partners, and the Forbes brand
- Opportunity to engage in industry and community partner giving
- Employee invites to Forbes School of Business and Technology® and CWL events
Opportunity for your staff:
- Provide leadership opportunities for high potential employees to deepen and broaden skills, confidence, and loyalty
- Access to information to empower advancement of gender diversity solutions
- Leadership development to gain skills, competence, and confidence
- Potential mentor/mentee inclusion with our structured CHAMPS program
- Attend live and virtual events to build and strengthen professional networks with our community
The CWL is excited to welcome Le Red Balloon as a sponsor.
By sponsoring the Center for Women's Leadership at Forbes School of Business and Technology®, you are helping strengthen the leadership capacity and competence of female leaders to fill the leadership gap in organizations and communities worldwide. Make a positive impact on this effort with annual contributions starting at $1000. For more information about sponsorship opportunities, contact us at [email protected].