Bachelor of Arts in Real Estate Studies
Go farther in the field of real estate and build a lasting career with an online degree in Real Estate. This online real estate degree program is an ideal option for those who have busy schedules. If you are already a real estate professional in the industry, this degree can be a perfect way for you to grow in your career while working around your pre-existing work schedule. The University of Arizona Global Campus real estate bachelor’s degree prepares you to begin or continue a career in mortgage lending, development, equity investment, brokerage and sales, valuation, or property management. Learn the ins and outs of a fascinating industry, with your real estate degree online from the University of Arizona Global Campus. Scholarships are also available.
What Can You Do with a Degree in Real Estate?
Earning a degree in real estate opens a number of different career paths, including becoming a property manager, an escrow officer or a commercial leasing manager. As a graduate with a degree in real estate, you will be able to effectively combine marketing, finance, and a plethora of soft skills to perform your job effectively. With our IACBE accredited online degree in real estate, you can continue to work while studying for your degree, giving you the flexibility to complete classes and earn your degree without quitting your job. Learn more about our real estate degree program today!
What you will learn
Examine the markets and financing methods for residential and commercial properties. Discover the many trends that influence property valuations, and learn best practices to benefit and safeguard investors. Upon completion of your degree in real estate, you will be able to:
- Assess real estate professional governance and licensing in the states and how such laws and systems benefit consumers
- Examine essential real estate business practices
- Apply real estate law, contract law, and Uniform Commercial Code in solving complex real estate problems
- Discern how economic, demographic, dynamic, and market trends influence real estate and real estate valuations
- Examine basic real estate financial markets and financing methods most commonly applied to single family residences, multiple family residences, and commercial properties
A Real Estate Degree on Your Terms
We understand that life is complicated and busy for many of our students. That is why our online degree in real estate provides the perfect mix of structure and freedom, allowing you to learn while still having time to work or raise your family. You can take one real estate course at a time with weekly online discussions and readings to advance your learning without having to commit hours of your day to a traditional classroom setting. Learn more about what life is like as a Global Campus student and decide whether an online real estate degree is right for you!
Your Courses in Real Estate Studies
This real estate degree provides you with a solid foundation in business and real estate practices through the major’s required courses. You will also learn basic skills in mortgage lending, development, equity investment, and brokerage.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (45 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Real Estate Studies
An emphasis provides you with additional opportunities to broaden and enrich your education that is distinct from and enhances your major. It may be taken as a way to expand career options, to prepare for graduate study, or simply to explore in greater depth an area different from your major. An emphasis consists of three (3), three (3) credit courses. Choose from the following emphases:
Environmental Management & Sustainability
Web & Mobile App Technology
Careers in Real Estate Studies
Upon completion of your real estate degree, you will have the opportunity to pursue a career field that combines sales, ethics, business economics, and human interaction. Real estate is a career that has a wide range of associated jobs, and you will be given the opportunity to explore and pursue a career that specifically fits your interests and skills.
Some real estate-related career opportunities that often begin with a degree in real estate include:
- Property Managers: They are responsible for overseeing and operating a real estate property. Properties may include residential homes/apartments, business offices, and shopping centers.
- Commercial Leasing Managers: They are responsible for all of the leasing functions that may include the productivity and budgetary performance of a leasing department, reviewing lease agreements and transactions, and creating and implementing policies.
- Escrow Officers: They are responsible for facilitating property transactions and decisions between two or more parties, and have a broad range of administrative responsibilities that are required by law when property is transferred or changed.
To further explore career options in this field, take a look at some potential career options below, or learn more about the impact and need for a degree in real estate.
Questions? Request Information
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.