The University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) offers a wide variety of opportunities for students and alumni to stay connected and network with peers and professionals as they progress through their education and after graduation. One such opportunity is the WITI (Women in Technology International) Club, which is among the official student organizations at UAGC.
Sponsored by the Forbes School of Business and Technology® (FSBT), membership now exceeds 800 students and consists of students, alumni, faculty, staff, and associated professionals at the FSBT. Read on to learn more about the club’s overall purpose, benefits and services, as well as the FSBT partnership. Discover the tools and resources to support your professional growth and help expand your network.
WITI’s worldwide ecosystem includes more than three million professionals, 60 networks, and 300 partners. Its mission and goals of empowering women in business and technology with DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) are aligned with the direction of the Forbes School of Business and Technology®.
As described on the WITI website:
WITI is committed to empowering innovators, inspiring future generations, and building inclusive cultures, worldwide. WITI is redefining the way women and men collaborate to drive innovation and business growth and is helping corporate partners create and foster gender-inclusive cultures.
A leading authority of women in technology and business, WITI has been advocating for and recognizing the contributions of women in the industry for more than 30 years. The organization delivers leading-edge programs and platforms for individuals and companies — designed to empower professionals, boost competitiveness and cultivate partnerships globally.
WITI’s mission is to:
- Empower innovators
- Inspire future generations
- Build inclusive cultures
WITI’s goals are to:
- Become the gold standard for gender inclusivity
- Make men part of the solution
- Empower men and women and bring out the best in both
The Benefits of WITI Membership
UAGC’s WITI Club members receive a number of benefits and have access to a variety of resources and services. They include:
- Webinars (over 30 per year included in membership)
- Interactive coaching circles and networking cafes
- Regional networking meetings
- The WITI Virtual Summit
- Career fairs
- The WITI Annual Summit – a virtual event held each summer featuring insights, inspirations, and action items from tech-savvy women worldwide
FSBT offers limited free registration for members through its partnership with WITI.
Interested in Joining?
It’s easy to join WITI. Follow the steps below to activate your Forbes School of Business and Technology® WITI Club membership.
- Go to the WITI registration page.
- Press continue and follow the instructions from there.
- Make sure to choose “Promo code or no payment required” as the payment method, and you will have access to all the WITI membership benefits. This offer is only for UAGC students enrolled in the Forbes School of Business and Technology®. Take a look at the complete description of this offer for more details.
Welcome to WITI
As you can see, there are great benefits to becoming a member of UAGC’s WITI Club. Become a member today and take advantage of this opportunity to network with academic and professional peers at UAGC and beyond!
Dr. Tahereh Daneshi is a professor and Lead Faculty of Master of Science in Technology Management and has been with the Forbes School of Business and Technology® since 2016.
*Ashford University is now the University of Arizona Global Campus.