The UAGC Spring 2021 commencement ceremony is here! Because the event will be virtual again this year due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, the graduates will not have the opportunity to partake in the traditional meet and greet with faculty that typically occurs the Saturday before commencement.
However, UAGC strives to create the best experiences for students during and after they have completed their studies. So, in lieu of the meeting, some of the faculty has submitted special congratulatory videos to give a proper sendoff to the graduating class.
Some of the messages are insightful, some are funny, some are from an entire department or UAGC club, and some are a simple “good luck.” They all, however, give you an opportunity for one last goodbye before you venture into the world and put the skills you have gained to use! Keep reading (and watching) to hear what these supportive faculty have to say as they bid our amazing group of inspiring graduates farewell.
Congrats, UAGC Class of Spring 2021!
Whether you were a student in their program or not, each one of the faculty messages below will inspire and motivate you to push forward to reach all of your goals.
Scroll down and watch them all!
1. Dr. William G. Woods: “To the University of Arizona Global Campus graduating Class of 2021: I’m Dr. William G. Woods, and I have a few words of advice for you. Always meet deadlines at work. Employers love that. Always use great people skills. Other employees love that. And always act ethically. Businesses need that. The world needs great employees, and you’re the ones that are going to be great. So, take good care.”
2. Dr. Karen Ivy: “My words of wisdom for you? Set your goals high, conquer what has not been done, and dare to be unique. You will go far. You will be fantastic. This is Dr. Karen Lynn-Daniels Ivy reminding you, if you do not step out of your box, you will never really realize how amazing you can be! Take care, conquer much, and congratulations, again. Bye-bye!”
3. Bill Davis: “Congratulations University of Arizona Global Campus Forbes School of Business and Technology® graduates. Today is your day, you earned this day, you worked hard to get here, and we are proud of you. We wish you much continued success going forward. Know we’re here if you need us. And again, very proud of you, you did good. Congratulations.”
4. Tony Farrell: “Hi graduates. I’m Tony Farrell, department chair for the Department of Education and Liberal Arts within the College of Arts & Sciences. Just want to take a second to congratulate you on a job well-done. Earning your degree is an amazing accomplishment and I know there’s been lots of sacrifices both for you and for your families and your loved ones. Just take a second to enjoy the day. It is an amazing, amazing accomplishment and reflects all the hard work that you’ve done and just know that we’re very, very proud of you. Congratulations.”
5. Dr. Rob Shah: “Congratulations, graduates! Your hard work and efforts have paid off. Despite challenges you may have encountered, you persisted and overcame them. Remember, this is your time. This is your place. Use your education to make this world a better place. Believe in yourself and the future is yours. You are empowered, and I wish you continued success.”
6. Dr. Yolanda Harper: “Yay, you did it! Hi, everyone! I am Dr. Harper, and I am delighted to extend to you best wishes and warm congratulations on your well-deserved success. You have achieved an important milestone to prepare you for your next adventure. I’m delighted to be here, and to share in the excitement with you on your very, very special day. I’m so proud of you.”
7. Dr. Jennie Walker: “2021 Leadership Grads: Here’s a look back at your journey. It’s been a wild, crazy, amazing ride. And the thrills are just beginning. Happy graduation from all of your faculty. Congratulations, 2021 graduates!”
8. Forbes School of Business and Technology® Department of Organizational Studies: “You made a decision. You sowed the seeds. You reaped the rewards. You followed your vision. Endured hardships. Got up early. Stayed up late. You made the impossible possible. You completed the mission. And now, it’s here. Congratulations, Class of 2021 graduates.”
9. Dr. Gail Hoskyns-Long: “Congratulations graduates! You have succeeded in earning your degree. Now go forward, keep learning, and share your knowledge. Best wishes and much success!”
10. Dr. Clifford Blizard: “Hi, I’m Dr. Clifford Blizard from the Academic Engagement Center, and my words of wisdom today come from Joseph Campbell. ‘Follow Your Bliss. If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of a track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one you are living. I say, follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.’ Congratulations, UAGC, graduates and a special shout out to members of the Honors Program.”
11. Dr. Allison Rief: “Yay! Congratulations to the very first graduating class of the University of Arizona Global Campus. My name is Dr. Allison Rief, and I oversee our early childhood education programs. I’m still in this state of becoming, but I have some words of wisdom I want to share with you. Your education has probably taught you a lot about yourself. But please don’t stop here. Continue reflecting, as life is a journey. Every interaction with a person can be seen as an opportunity to learn, regardless of the situation, regardless of a person’s job title, learn from them. I taught young children for many years. I have learned plenty of life lessons from 4-year-olds. Just be open to it. Also be open to change, admit to failure, and learn from your mistakes. Pay attention to things that go well but pay even closer attention to things when they don’t go well. Consider and listen – really, truly listen – to feedback. Be open to it. Consider it coming from a place of best intentions. Take what works for you and move on as an improved person. The important part is to just keep moving forward. Go out into the world and make a positive change. Live by your principles and make every day just a little bit better than the last. And remember that we, here at UAGC, are a big family. Go out and make the family proud. Congratulations!”
12. Department of Psychology: “UAGC Graduates! We are so proud of you! You’ve worked hard and you have been dedicated. You have achieved your goal and made your family and friends so proud!! The example you have set will be evident for generations. So right now, we celebrate you. Cheers! But before the party starts, we want to take a moment and share just how proud we, the instructors in the psychology department are, of each of you.”
Dr. Michelle Rosser-Majors: “UAGC psychology graduates, I want to say congratulations to you. We are so very proud of you. If you ever need any support as you move into the next part of your journey, remember we are always here to answer any of your questions. So again, congratulations, and when you get that diploma, throw that hat off, grab you some UAGC swag, and enjoy your time. You did it. Congrats!”
Holly Johnson: “Congratulations, you did it! I’m so excited for you. It was your hard work and determination that got you to this point. I’m so excited to have been a part of some of your journeys and I wish you much future success. Now go celebrate big because you deserve it. Woo-hoo!”
Katrina Hilton: “Congratulations, Class of 2021!
Gary and Lydia Boyles: “Congratulations, graduates! We are both very proud of you all!”
Dr. Pamela Murphy: Hats off to ya!
Dana Dillard: “Graduation. It’s a time to sit back and reflect on all the sacrifice that has gotten you this far. Aww, who am I kidding? It’s a time to celebrate! Show the world you’re a superhero! Congratulations!”
Stephanie Anderson: “Congratulations! Yay! Good job graduates! You did it!”
Dr. Elizabeth Krewson: “Hey UAGC Psychology grads, this is Dr. Krewson, and I want to add my voice to the chorus saying congratulations, you did it! We’re so very proud of you and we were so honored to be a part of your educational moment. So, savor this moment, it’s a great accomplishment and then let yourself loose it the world to do even greater things.
Associate Professor Marion Burke: “You did it! Congratulations on a job well-done! I am so proud of you!”
Eszter Barra-Johnson: “Congratulations UAGC Grads 2021!”
Nancy DeVore: “Congratulations! I knew you could do it.”
“Be the change. But first things first. Get ready to celebrate. We are so proud of you! Psychology rocks! Celebrate!”
13. Women in STEM Club: “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own and you know what you know. You’re the person who’ll decide where to go. Congratulations from the Women in STEM club.”
14. Susan Gould: “Congratulations graduates! I hope that you enjoy your graduation celebration. You have definitely earned it. You now have the time to set some new goals and embark on some new adventures and I know that you will be successful in whatever you set out to do at this point in time. You can take with you from your education a love of learning and a knowledge that you persevered and overcame obstacles to achieve your goals. Congratulations again.”
15. Ted Ellis: “Congratulations, University of Arizona Global Campus Class of 2021! We recognize through this University of Arizona Global Campus 2021 commencement, and with your enthusiasm, your achievement! Reflect on your University of Arizona Global Campus degree and what it represents. Again, congratulations!”
16. Brandy Havens: “Hello everyone and congratulations! I’m Brandy Havens, assistant professor of accounting here at the Forbes School of Business and Technology® at the University of Arizona Global Campus. We are so proud of you and we are so honored that we were able to be a part of your educational journey. I want you to stay motivated, stay encouraged, and vow to never stop learning. Embrace every opportunity that comes your way and use your experiences to grow, both personally and professionally. Be change agents, be innovative, be thought leaders, and make positive contributions to the world around you. Congratulations on your graduation!”
17. Dr. Ronald Beach: “Congratulations Class of 2021. This is Dr. Ronald Beach. Dr. Ron. I am so proud of what you have accomplished over the last few years. I’ve had the opportunity of working with many of you and you’ve come all so far, and passed so many speed bumps, and now you should just feel a huge amount of pride of going all the way. I wish I could be there to shake your hands this year, but with Covid, you know how that is. Again, congratulations, and hopefully we’ll get to meet some other time in the future. Bye.”
18. Dr. Leah Westerman: “Congratulations to the Class of 2021. You should be so proud of all your accomplishments and your hard work. We wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.”
19. Debra Culler: “You made it. Now never stop reaching. Keep growing and do not forget to be proud of each accomplishment along the way, both big and small. That’s the joy of life. Congratulations to all the graduates.”