MS in Tech Management Admissions Requirements
If you are seeking admission to the Master of Science in Technology Management program, you must meet the following three levels of admission requirements (conditional, provisional, full) in order to be fully admitted to the University of Arizona Global Campus.
The Conditional Admission period is intended to ensure that you are familiar with classroom expectations, time and technology requirements and other factors that may impact your experience as a student. It also allows you time to determine, risk free, whether the University of Arizona Global Campus is the right university for you. If you are seeking admission to Master of Science in Technology Management degree program, you must meet the following admission requirements prior to the start of your first course at the University of Arizona Global Campus.
- Must have a regionally or approved nationally accredited Bachelor's degree or post-graduate degree in science, technology, or engineering with minimum GPA of 2.0. Applicants with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.74 will be placed on Academic Watch. Applicants must provide an unofficial or official transcript or diploma demonstrating degree completion by Day 7, Week 3 of their first course or they will be denied admission;
- Unofficial or official transcripts from the institution(s) that awarded your bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or other field must be submitted with the Application for Admission. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in fields other than science, technology, or engineering that can document prior technical work experience equivalent to the knowledge may request a waiver.
- Have access to a computer with an Internet connection for the Web-based programs and meet the minimum technology and minimum computer skills, abilities, features, system configurations, hardware, and software outlined in the General Academic Information & Policies section of the Academic Catalog;
- Have the ability to study in English indicated by one of the following:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in which the primary language of instruction was English; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination taken within the past two (2) years. For the TOEFL, a minimum score of 550 paper-based or 79 internet-based is required. For the IELTS, a minimum score of 6.5 is required. Copies of official scores must be submitted prior to provisional enrollment, and official scores must be submitted prior to full admission.
- You are conditionally admitted to a master’s degree program when you submit a completed application indicating that you meet admission requirements outlined for that program and are approved by the Registrar’s Office. When you are in a conditional admission status you are not eligible for Title IV funds and are not considered a regular student until granted provisional or full admission.
You must attend beyond Week 3 of your first course and have submitted official or unofficial college transcripts or diploma in order to be provisionally admitted to a master’s degree program at the University of Arizona Global Campus. Attendance past Week 3 constitutes your confirmation of your intention to continue in the program as a regular student. Upon attendance beyond Week 3 of your first course, you are considered a matriculated, regular student in your degree program. Please refer to the University of Arizona Global Campus Promise for additional information.
The following requirements must be met prior to the conclusion of your third (3rd) attempted University of Arizona Global Campus course in a degree seeking program. To start the fourth (4th) course, you must complete all the requirements subsequently outlined and must meet all admissions requirements applicable to your specific degree program. If you do not complete all requirements you will not be fully admitted and will be withdrawn from the program.
- Submission of an official transcript showing a regionally or approved nationally accredited Bachelor's degree or post-graduate degree with a minimum GPA of 2.0 with a degree conferral date prior to the start of the first course at the University of Arizona Global Campus
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores, if required for admission. Please see the Academic Catalog for additional detailed requirements for Full Admission.
Transfer up to 9 semester credits from a regionally or approved nationally accredited college or university. * Call now for more information at 866.711.1700.
*The transferability of credits is subject to the University of Arizona Global Campus’s transfer credit policies and requires the submission of official transcripts. The official transcripts will be evaluated to determine the credits that will officially apply toward aUniversity of Arizona Global Campus degree program.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
Upon being granted provisional admission to a graduate degree program, the Records Management staff will begin requesting official transcripts from schools where any graduate-level credit was earned, using the signed Transcript Request form. This request includes:
- College or university transcripts from institutions where graduate credit was earned
- Military credits evaluated for equivalency to graduate-level college credits
Once these transcripts have been received, the Registrar’s Office staff will complete your transfer credit evaluation. At the conclusion of the third (3rd) attempted University of Arizona Global Campus course in a degree seeking program, if any transcripts from institutions where graduate credit was earned have not yet been received, the Registrar’s Office staff will proceed with the transfer credit evaluation of any transcripts received to date. Additional transcripts may be submitted for evaluation at a later date, should they become available. If it is determined prior to the conclusion of the third (3rd) attempted University of Arizona Global Campus course that certain transcripts where graduate credit was earned are unable to be provided, you may sign and submit an Authorization to Close File form thereby waiving potential transfer credits from previously attended schools, in order to expedite the transfer credit evaluation process. These transcripts may be submitted for evaluation at a later date, should they become available. You are responsible for reviewing your transfer credit evaluation as well as your scheduled courses with your Academic Advisor and informing them of any courses that you feel are duplicative or equivalent in content to previously completed coursework. You may submit official transcripts to the University of Arizona Global Campus for review of transfer credits at any time.
Cohort Retention, Persistence, and Graduation
Information regarding cohort retention, persistence, and graduation data for Master’s degree-level students can be found at the following link: Master’s Data. Additional disaggregated views of cohort retention, persistence, and graduation for students in all degree levels and modalities are also available.
If you haven’t found the information you need, please call 866.711.1700 to speak to a Global Campus representative.